Re: Automake 1.10 - No rule to make target '-c', needed by 'all-am'.

From: Craig Sanders
Subject: Re: Automake 1.10 - No rule to make target '-c', needed by 'all-am'. Stop.
Date: Wed, 20 Jun 2007 00:23:37 +1000

Hi Ralf.

It appears that I told a small lie, I actually had INSTALL and friends defined
as follows ;

INSTALL = /usr/bin/install -c
INSTALL_DATA = ${INSTALL} -m 644
INSTALL_PROGRAM = ${INSTALL}
INSTALL_SCRIPT = ${INSTALL}
INSTALL_STRIP_PROGRAM = ${SHELL} $(install_sh) -c -s

To answer one of your questions, no, I didn't set the variable DATA within the
culprit Makefile.am. I am still a bit perplexed however as to why make choked
on the '-c' switch that appears in the INSTALL variable.

With regards to the NEWS file, I didn't even think to have a read through it -
silly me. I shall remember this for next time.

Thanks once again for your help, it is most appreciated.

- Craig