Re: beginner problem in Solaris

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: beginner problem in Solaris
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 10:04:17 -0500 (CDT)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, Joao Miguel Ferreira wrote:

I can confirm that the problem should be in the "false cru ..." line
because all the above stuff gets done. On Linux and on HP-UX I read the
word "ar" instead of "false" on that line ?!?

I should also add that the Solaris machine was installed yesterday by me
and possibly I forgot to install something ??! :(

Make sure that the /usr/ccs/bin directory exists and is in your shell's search path. If this directory does not exist or is empty, then you need to install a Solaris package.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn