source code in several directories

From: jmcferreira
Subject: source code in several directories
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2007 19:36:27 +0100 (WEST)

Hello all,

I've come into a project (old project) in which we have to maintain and
upgrade some C/C++ libs on several diferente unices...

It is all Makefile based (one Makefile) for each diferent target :(...

I've been trying to write down the necessary configure.ac and Makefile.am
files but I'm having problems related to directory structure (so I think)

The project's source code (one part) is divided into the following
directories:

- ourlib
------ src     (only .c files)
------ include (only .h files)

I was trying to write one Makefile.am in src and another in the upper dir.

I can do make, but make distcheck always fails no matter what. I've tried
several approaches but I never get complete success. So I'm guessing the
directory structure is messing things up. I can _not_ touch the directoyy
structure !!!

So:

- how do I tell the tools that all headers are to be found in the include
dir ? in the top-level Makefile.am or in the src one ? what goes in each
of them ?

thanks

joao