Re: Problem with tests for GSL

From: Benoit SIGOURE
Subject: Re: Problem with tests for GSL
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2007 19:57:55 +0100

On Oct 29, 2007, at 5:53 PM, Laurence Finston wrote:

However, I would still be interested to know if there's a way of passing
specific options to the C or C++ compiler when `configure' runs its
tests without having to go deeply into the guts of Autoconf.  I have
looked into it a bit, but it seems like a major undertaking to really
understand how to use it at that level.

You can change the relevant flags before the invocation of the compiler and restore them afterwards. The typical idiom is this:

CFLAGS="$CFLAGS -my-new-flag"
# now you know whether -my-new-flag works and you can take the appropriate action

Benoit Sigoure aka Tsuna
EPITA Research and Development Laboratory