Re: Custom source configuration

From: Yvan Barthélemy
Subject: Re: Custom source configuration
Date: Tue, 13 Nov 2007 22:24:35 +0100

I read your scripts and it is very interesting.

You solve nively the problems of Aqua, X11, GDI, etc... by letting it to qmake. But it would be also interesting if these were set by the macro itself (for example, I might be wanting to build for X11 even if I am on a Mac just by setting a flag, i.e. --with-qt-x11)

However, the main drawback I see in your script, is that it won't adapt to the source includes. In fact, that is my main problem, since I don't know how to do this. I'd like to be able to detect Qt packages includes and set the flags according to this detection (either at configure time or at make time, but preferably at make time).

For now, I intend to wite a Makefile include that do this, but I would prefer to write it in m4 language, rather than in make language.

Does somebody have an idea about the best way to do this ?

Thanks,
Yvan