Re: Custom source configuration

From: Yvan Barthélemy
Subject: Re: Custom source configuration
Date: Thu, 15 Nov 2007 01:29:26 +0100

Le 14 nov. 07 à 23:36, Benoit Sigoure a écrit :

[you're replying off-list, is this normal?]

Absolutely not, I forgot to set Reply all...

On Nov 14, 2007, at 11:30 PM, Yvan Barthélemy wrote:

Le 14 nov. 07 à 22:56, Benoit Sigoure a écrit :

I don't understand what you mean here. $(QT_CPPFLAGS) doesn't do what you want? It contains all the -I's and -D's needed to #include/use Qt headers.

No, for what I saw it only contains headers and libs for compiling for the simple project written by the configure script. And it does not link against all libraries in Qt include path (I might miss the point since I didn't extensively tested it) and sets defines accordingly (though in fact, defines are only for Trolltech internal use).

Defines are required when qmake sets them.

Not sure if it automaticalally links against all of :
/opt/local/lib/libQt3Support.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libQtCore.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libQtGui.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libQtNetwork.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libQtOpenGL.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libQtScript.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libQtSql.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libQtSvg.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libQtTest.dylib
/opt/local/lib/libQtXml.dylib

The QT_LDFLAGS should give you the right -L flags so that all you need to do is to use -lQtWhatever -or- you can tweak the .pro files used to guess the flags to automatically get the libraries you need.

The point, is that I might do the include while coding. And in that case, I don't wan't to tweak build files myself, I would prefer that this being set automatically when I execute make (since I am working in a IDE, with only my sources visible)

Firther more, the script assumes, all Qt things are in a global Qt install directory, that's not the case in some distribution (eg. macports)

The script assumes that qmake works. If qmake can use the Qt installation, AutoTroll ought to work. If it doesn't, you just found a bug, please send me a bug report :)

Sometimes it could be a problem. For example, when the executable name is not qmake, but qmake-qt4, so qmake won't neither be in the path nor in known directories...

Thanks for your interest
Yvan