Re: just one of a million reasons why autoconf is a worthless piece of s

From: Stepan Kasal
Subject: Re: just one of a million reasons why autoconf is a worthless piece of shit
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 2008 13:03:12 +0100

Hello Dirk,

On Sun, Mar 16, 2008 at 04:41:35PM -0500, Peter O'Gorman wrote:
> Dirk wrote:
> > # ./autogen.sh

> You failed to regenerate the generated files for this package because
> you do not have the correct tools installed  [...]
>
> Why are you trying to generate these files?  [...]

I guess you tried to build VCS[1] version of an application.  In that
case I suggest you grab a taball relased by that project---it should
be ready for the usual "configure,make,make install".

If you experience problem with that, please address your request to
the project maintainers; the VCS download is generally meant only for
developers, who are able to install the necessary toolchain.

[1] "VCS" stands for "Version Control System" may it be the
today-popular git, Subversion, the archaic CVS, or any other.

Enjoy,
        Stepan Kasal