Re: Implementation of `AC_COMPUTE_INT'

From: Ineiev
Subject: Re: Implementation of `AC_COMPUTE_INT'
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 2008 06:21:53 +0000 (GMT)

 --- Ralf Wildenhues <address@hidden> wrote:
> For example:
> # We temporarily set cross-compile mode to force AC_COMPUTE_INT
> # to use the slow link-only method
> save_cross_compiling=$cross_compiling
> cross_compiling=$save_cross_compiling

Thank you.

> And yes, the manual documents the variable $cross_compiling.

I grepped the infos coming with autoconf-2.61 and automake-1.10
and found only two occurrences,
"you can test whether the shell variable `cross_compiling' is set to
`yes'" and a general example of such test. they never tell you may change the
variable. is this really supported? I mean, doesn't this contradict
the principles of how configure scripts should be designed?

Or there is another manual documenting this?