Re: how to check for a library with non-standard name

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: how to check for a library with non-standard name
Date: Sun, 18 May 2008 19:52:14 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 18 May 2008, Matej Tyc wrote:

Hello,
I am cross-compiling using i486-mingw32-gcc. I use a library (DevIL
image loading library) that has precompiled Windows libraries.
Unfortunately those names are DevIL.{dll,lib,exp}. I have copied them to
the mingw lib directory. But I have found out so far that there is no
way how to check whether a library that doesn't have a form lib*.lib can
be checked by autoconf and linked with the rest without user
intervention. Renaming those files doesn't help, nor does creating of
symlinks having the right filename.

Autoconf uses the compiler to find these libraries according to the compiler's own naming conventions. There is not much that autoconf can do to help you unless you can convince the compiler to search the way you want.

Bob
Bob Friesenhahn