Re: Noooooooooo!

From: Erik de Castro Lopo
Subject: Re: Noooooooooo!
Date: Wed, 3 Sep 2008 12:03:13 +1000

Ralf Corsepius wrote:

> Seconded.
>
> I applaud to the fact pkg-config seems to have joined in the family of
> cross-tools. This tremendously eases "real cross-compilation".

I actually think it goes well beyond "easing" cross-compilation.
For a number of projects I work on/with, cross compiling from
Linux to windows is now an order of magnitude easier than compiling
natively on windows.

This is all thanks to autoconf, automake, libtool and pkg-config.
These tools rock.

Erik
Erik de Castro Lopo
"I invented the term Object-Oriented, and I can tell you I
did not have C++ in mind." -- Alan Kay