Re: failed tests AC_CHECK_LIB

From: Matěj Týč
Subject: Re: failed tests AC_CHECK_LIB
Date: Sun, 21 Sep 2008 22:12:22 +0200

On Sat, 2008-09-20 at 18:23 -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
> I don't see why you keep mentioning cross-compiling.  The problem is not
> specific to cross compilation at all, it affects native use as well.
Thank you, Brian, I have sent your message to the macro author, so now
it is really easy for him to fix it for others as well.
Regarding cross compilation, I have understood where the problem is and
you are certainly right.
Anyway, don't you think that the usability of AC_CHECK_LIB in the
current form (not allowing inclusion of headers nor the precise
specification of the function call) is quite low because of this calling
convention issue?
Don't you, autoconf guys, plan something more complex, but more robust
and allowing checking for methods in C++?
Regards,
Matěj