RE: cache problem

From: Duft Markus
Subject: RE: cache problem
Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 09:26:44 +0200

> * Duft Markus wrote on Fri, Oct 17, 2008 at 09:00:16AM CEST:
> > > I haven't been able to do so yet.  Here's what I tried.  Please
> modify
> > > the example so that it shows the failure (maybe it only needs
> different
> > > flags passed to configure?)
> >
> > Hehe, the problem occured when using the same cache file for
building
> > autoconf or automake (which both check for build only) and after
that
> > libtool :) so I guess, you have everything you need to reproduce...
>
> Except the exact command lines you used, and the versions of the tools
> that were used.  Please don't leave us guessing.

Yeah, sorry, didn't think of that. Trying to reproduce outside our build
system, I came to thinking, that this is maybe invalid, since one needs
rather old stuff for it (our packages are not quite up to date...)

It happens when:

 *) configuring automake 1.9.6 with ./configure --cache-file=../cache
 *) bootstrapping libtool 1.5.24 or 26 with autoconf 2.59
 *) configuring libtool with the same cache: ./configure
--cache-file=../cache

So it seems, that this is a problem of older autoconf versions...?

Cheers, Markus