Re: config.status --recheck

From: Peter Johansson
Subject: Re: config.status --recheck
Date: Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:57:35 -0400

Hi Ralf and Eric,

Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
* Eric Blake wrote on Thu, Oct 23, 2008 at 05:09:19AM CEST:
I also recall that Ralf Wildenhues checked in a fix that lets newer
automake insert additional .PHONY designations to .m4 files, so that make
coupled with autoreconf can proceed after a renamed .m4 file (but I'm not
sure if it was automake 1.10.1, or the as-yet-unreleased 1.11).

as-yet-unreleased 1.11.

I guess it would be possible to add those .PHONY designations in Makefile.am to avoid the issue. Is that correct? I've tried
.PHONY: $(am__aclocal_m4_deps)
but would appreciate any feedback on whether that is sound or not.

Thanks,
Peter