Re: configure error

From: Joey Mingrone
Subject: Re: configure error
Date: Thu, 30 Apr 2009 08:35:41 -0700

Hi;

On Thu, Apr 30, 2009 at 01:50, Philip Herron
<address@hidden> wrote:
> What i would do is maby take a look inside his configure.ac to figure
> out what he is checking for. And maby see why/how to fix it :). Like
> look for the macro that checks for that specific feature in the shell
> or otherwise.

That's the approach I've taken..sort of.  I've just begun with
autoconf/automake, so maybe I can verify what I'm doing is reasonable.
 So the author only had configure.in and Makefile.am files, but no
configure.am.  I think I read that using the name configure.in is an
older convention, but it should generally have the same content as a
configure.am.

So what I'm doing is commenting out or changing lines in configure.in
and then running autoreconf -i to regenerate the configure file.  Is
that a reasonable approach?

Thanks,

Joey