Re: gettext catalog files installation location

From: Joey Mingrone
Subject: Re: gettext catalog files installation location
Date: Tue, 5 May 2009 17:22:10 -0700

A bit more information from my earlier post below...

The relevant parts of the author's configure.in seem to be:

#####
GETTEXT_PACKAGE=parcellite
AC_SUBST(GETTEXT_PACKAGE)
AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED(GETTEXT_PACKAGE, "$GETTEXT_PACKAGE", [gettext package])

ALL_LINGUAS="de es hu ja pt_BR sv"
AM_GLIB_GNU_GETTEXT()
AC_PROG_INTLTOOL([0.23])

parcellitelocaledir='${prefix}/${DATADIRNAME}/locale'
AC_SUBST(parcellitelocaledir)

AM_GNU_GETTEXT([external])
###

I thought the problem was that ${DATADIRNAME} contained 'lib' instead
of 'share', but when I hardcode the value for parcellitelocaledir to
/usr/local/share/locale I see changes in the make output to show
...-DPARCELLITELOCALEDIR=/usr/local/share/locale, but the files still
end up getting installed in /usr/local/lib/locale.

Joey