Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?

From: Philip Herron
Subject: Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 14:06:21 +0100

Hey

My personal opinion is whats the point. I find if your serious about C/C++ autotools forttran or any language really etc. IDE's are just a waste of time. I use emacs for all my coding and its far superior, and vim is good too if you dont like emacs.

IDE's try to do too much for you and end up making a mess of the project. I used to use netbeans for java, because to do java you spend most of your time looking up and api rather than coding. But i haven't had to use java for about a year and a half.

I think if you get used to emacs or vim it would be much more useful to you.

--Phil