Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?

From: Peter Lee
Subject: Re: What IDEs support autoconf-based projects ?
Date: Thu, 16 Jul 2009 23:36:24 +1000

Hi Lorenzo Bettini,

Thank you for your opinion.

"My personal opinion is whats the point."

To answer this question, I would like to use a sentence from your own
reply with some hacking ;P

>From sentence ---
"I used to use netbeans for java, because to do java you spend most of
your time looking up and api rather than coding."

My arguement can be built as:
The point of using IDEs is, in any developing process, it can help you
to [verbs like look up] [nouns like API].

verbs: become familiar, verbose, organise, ...
nouns: syntax, conventions, structures, ...

Any tool comes with benefits and drawbacks, it is the person who takes the risk.

Come back to my question:
If I want to work on the GNU Hello project, which can be downloaded at
http://ftp.gnu.org/gnu/hello/hello-2.4.tar.gz, what IDEs can I use to
import the project and export it as deployable project(
configure->make) after some dependency and code changes?

Any help would be appreciated.