Re: AC_INIT seems to be setting CXXFLAGS

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: AC_INIT seems to be setting CXXFLAGS
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:27:30 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 26 Jul 2009, Richard Connon wrote:

Hi. I'm trying to write a configure.ac script for a project I'm working
on. At present it has AC_INIT at the beginning.
It seems that running that macro is adding "-g -O2" to the CXXFLAGS
variable. Is there anything I can do to stop this?

Standard practice is to run configure like

  ./configure CXXFLAGS=-O3

or

  env CXXFLAGS=-O3 ./configure

In both cases, configure will no longer insert its default CXXFLAGS value.

It is supposed to be up to the user (the person who builds the software) to determine which flags are used.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn