Re: AC_INIT seems to be setting CXXFLAGS

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: AC_INIT seems to be setting CXXFLAGS
Date: Thu, 30 Jul 2009 16:13:57 -0500 (CDT)

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009, Paolo Bonzini wrote:

The terrible part about how this mechanism works is that it injects into
CXXFLAGS itself, which means that, without my configure script can't
override that via the setting of AM_CXXFLAGS.

I cannot parse this sentence.  Can you explain?

He is saying that he is not able to override the C++ compiler compilation flags by using only Automake.

Most compilers evaluate arguments in left to right order, and will override previously set arguments, but this is not assured.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn