Re: request for configure clarifications on darwin10

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: Re: request for configure clarifications on darwin10
Date: Wed, 16 Sep 2009 05:26:11 +0000

As far as I'm concerned, the *only* thing I expect from config.guess is
to return me a CPU-VENDOR-OS triple.

And with (braindamaged, IMO) return values like i686-pc-linux-gnu, I
have my own wrapper (that calls config.guess and does various other
probing) that I use when I really need a CVO triple.  It will return
things like i686-pc-debian5.0.3, which I find to be actually useful.