Re: [crazy bug] please help me

From: Steffen Dettmer
Subject: Re: [crazy bug] please help me
Date: Mon, 23 Nov 2009 22:11:44 +0100

On Sat, Nov 21, 2009 at 11:58 PM, Eric Blake <address@hidden> wrote:
> It looks like a carriage return may be interfering with the resulting
> message.  Could this be a case of using text mode line endings, instead of
> binary mode?  On cygwin, autoconf is only supported on binary mounts.

Ohh really? Is this a new requirement?
(a short google search didn't revealed useful results)

Here I use autoconf 2.61 on textmode mounts. Please correct me if
I'm wrong, but using binmode would make cygwin CVS check out the
files with unix line feeds, wouldn't it?
Files with unix line feeds are not expected by many windows tools
(vim/emacs work fine, but e.g. MS DevStudio 6 or even notepad.exe
are odd).

Steffen