Re: Best practices for autotools

From: Gary V. Vaughan
Subject: Re: Best practices for autotools
Date: Tue, 4 May 2010 11:11:40 +0700

On 4 May 2010, at 08:59, Diego Saravia wrote:
> http://sourceware.org/autobook/
>
> 2010/5/3 Matěj Týč <address@hidden>:
>> On Mon, 2010-05-03 at 19:38 +0200, Lukas Kaser wrote:
>>> since some weeks I'm working with autotools and I am wondering if some
>>> experienced users/developers wrote about best practices with this
>>> tools.

CAVEAT EMPTOR: While it is certainly worth skimming through the autobook to get
a feel for how the various programs interact and can be used together, the book
will be 10 years old this year, and much has changed in that time that makes
plenty of the details described in the book inaccurate, obsolete or just plain
wrong.

Gary V. Vaughan (address@hidden)