Re: Fix testsuite errors due to shell quoted parameter expansion issue.

From: Tim Rice
Subject: Re: Fix testsuite errors due to shell quoted parameter expansion issue.
Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 15:55:34 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 3 Aug 2010, Eric Blake wrote:

> >> My testing was with ksh93:
> >> Version M 1993-12-28 o+
> >>
> >> So David Korn introduced a regression sometime since ksh88.
> >
> > Actually it would be post Version M-12/28/93e
> > You sniped out the part that said the UnixWare ksh was Version
> > M-12/28/93e-SCO
>
> I did not test on UnixWare.  I tested ksh93 as built for Solaris 10, and
> reported the version string exactly as it printed.

Perhaps I was clear before. I did test on UnixWare using a ksh93
Version M-12/28/93e-SCO that produced the expected results (as shown in
my original reply).
So it looks like the regression was introduced post M-12/28/93e

--
Tim Rice                                Multitalents    (707) 887-1469
address@hidden