Re: porting with autotools

From: Ralf Wildenhues
Subject: Re: porting with autotools
Date: Mon, 30 Aug 2010 21:09:28 +0200

Hello Reuben,

* Reuben Hawkins wrote on Mon, Aug 30, 2010 at 06:00:02PM CEST:
> > Now, if you are still interested in contributing, and maybe in perl
> > rather than C, then I will send you the details off-list.

> Yes, I'm interested in contributing, but not in Perl.  It'll have to
> be C code.  I'll check back with you in a few weeks when I feel the
> code is ready.

Adding tool in a compiled language for this purpose doesn't make a lot
of sense for Autotools; it would needlessly complicate things, and
probably make the code size a lot bigger.  If you don't want to
reconsider this, we can still profit from your prototype implementation
by looking at it and translating it (though I don't think I've ever
translated from C to Perl before ;-)

But maybe one of the other maintainers likes this idea better ...