make test

From: Eve-Marie Devaliere
Subject: make test
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2011 10:55:20 -0500

Dear autoconf community,

I am switching a program from the 'old makefile/configure way' to
autoconf...

I got configure and make and make install to work but would like to now
add the tests that were happening by running 'make test'... (run-time tests)

I have searched the web and I came across  AC_TRY_RUN but it apparently
requires to run a C program ; the tests were executed with a shell
script. Is there another way to do it or am I going to have to make a C
program that will call my shell script? (The package is in fortran and
doesn't use C for anything else...)

Thanks a lot,
Cheers,
Eve-Marie

--
Eve-Marie Devaliere, MS
Senior Science System/Software Engineer

The contents of this message are mine personally and do not necessarily reflect
any position of NOAA