Re: configure -C by default?

From: Peter Breitenlohner
Subject: Re: configure -C by default?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2011 11:35:32 +0100 (CET)

On Mon, 7 Feb 2011, Ralf Corsepius wrote:

The only real world use-case I currently have for config.caches, is it being a offering a crude way to override configure settings when configure guesses things wrong (A real-world use case: Paths to tools when cross-building scripts)

My real world use-case is TeX live with a total of about 70 configure
scripts and a very large number of common tests.  Here -C gives a
considerable speed-up with prcatically no problems.

Thus I'd certainly object to a removal of the cache file.

Regards
Peter Breitenlohner <address@hidden>