Autoconf versions: srcdir either relative/absolute

From: Too, Justin A.
Subject: Autoconf versions: srcdir either relative/absolute
Date: Wed, 20 Apr 2011 15:51:54 -0700

Hi all,

I have the build trees for a few projects (don't know what version of autotools
they used), but I notice that srcdir varies.  From my local tests, it looks
like newer versions of Autoconf set srcdir to be an absolute path, is this
correct?  Also, in which version of Autoconf did this change occur?

Thanks,
Justin