Re: xlf95 does not accept "-D" from autoconf

From: Christoffer Hirth
Subject: Re: xlf95 does not accept "-D" from autoconf
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2011 15:00:12 +0200

Jim Edwards wrote:
AC_FC_PP_DEFINE()  in recent autoconf versions handles this correctly.

On Mon, Jun 20, 2011 at 11:21 PM, Christoffer Hirth <address@hidden <mailto:address@hidden>> wrote:

    I'm currently working on porting the build script of a fortran library
    to autotools.
    This library will be run on multiple configurations, ranging from
    regular desktop to cray supercomputers.

    However on machines using IBM's fortran compiler (xlf90 or 95)
    compilation fails due to unsupported defined variables "-DPACKAGENAME"
    etc.
    On ibm this should be passed as -WF,-DPACKAGENAME.

    How can I modify autotools behaviour, or simply skip these definitions
    (they are not used)?

    -- Christoffer