PKG-CHECK-MODULES

From: Steve Teale
Subject: PKG-CHECK-MODULES
Date: Thu, 8 Sep 2011 23:24:25 -0700 (PDT)

I have a configure.ac file as follows, and autoconf 2.27

dnl Process this file with autoconf to produce a configure script.
AC_INIT(compo, 1.0, address@hidden)
AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR(config)
AC_CONFIG_SRCDIR(src/about.d)
AC_DEFUN([PKG_CHECK_MODULES])

PKG_CHECK_MODULES([GTK], [gtk+-2.0 >= 3.0.0])

Without the AC_DEFUN it won't run at all, contrary to most documentation I
have read.

With it, it runs, and then when I run ./configure it just exits silently. I
was expecting an error message for this version number of GTK2.

I just want to make a configure file that will check for appropriate
versions of GLIB, GTK, cairo and pango, and produce an error message if not
found.

I don't think I can use automake, since the program is written in D.

Thanks Steve