enabling specific configuration flags for development builds

From: Adam Mercer
Subject: enabling specific configuration flags for development builds
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2011 02:48:10 -0600

Hi

Is there a way to change the default value of specific configuration
flags depending on whether the project is built from the development
repository or from a release tarball, i.e. built using "make dist"?
There are specific configuration flags that I would like to have
enabled by default when building from the development repository but
not for a release.

Does anyone know a way that I can achieve this without changing the
macro definition for every release?

Cheers

Adam