Re: AC_C_NORETURN macro?

From: Vincent Lefevre
Subject: Re: AC_C_NORETURN macro?
Date: Sun, 29 Apr 2012 17:25:07 +0200

On 2012-04-29 16:11:38 +0200, Bruno Haible wrote:
> Paul Eggert wrote:
> > it might make sense to try to do it in a more Autoconfish way.
> The reason why we do this with explicit #ifs that test for a compiler
> brand, not in an "Autoconfish way", is that we use the result in .h
> files that should be installable and, after installation, used by a
> potentially different compiler. Simon's and my packages use this feature.
> The best way to get this done correctly are cascades of explicit #ifs.

But there is a risk of clash if some application uses some library
with this gnulib feature and another library with different
conventions. I think that an installable <stdnoreturn.h> should
be done globally at the system level.

Vincent Lefèvre <address@hidden> - Web: <>
100% accessible validated (X)HTML - Blog: <>