Re: rm -f core cause some troubles

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: rm -f core cause some troubles
Date: Sat, 08 Dec 2012 09:27:36 -0800

On 12/08/2012 02:52 AM, address@hidden wrote:
> So the logic when removing core files,
> would be to check first thta they are real file and not a directory.

That would slow down 'configure' everywhere.

It might make sense to have an Autoconf option that would
add that behavior as an option, for people who want to have
directories named 'core', and who don't mind the slowdown.

> ERROR: files left in build directory after distclean:
> ./confdefs.h

I don't see how this is related to the problem with 'core'.
It appears to be a separate bug.

For your immediate problem, the simplest thing might be
for you to rename the directory 'core', to 'Core', say.
If that's not possible, you could run 'configure' in
a subdirectory perhaps.