Re: Enabling compiler warning flags

From: Bob Friesenhahn
Subject: Re: Enabling compiler warning flags
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 09:22:00 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 26 Feb 2013, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
Yes, my bad. Address Sanitizer should be enabled for debug
configurations by default (along with other "program diagnostics" to
borrow from Posix).

What is a "debug cofiguration"? The Autoconf default is to enable debugging symbols with GCC (-g) so the default supports debugging.

I am curious if this ThreadSanitizer extension will work with the normal build of GCC GOMP (for OpenMP) on GNU/Linux. Up to now, it has been necessary for interested parties to build their own GCC in order to build a libgomp which uses pthreads rather than Linux clone for threading. This is because valgrind only supports threads created via pthreads and pthread locking semantics.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn