Re: uint64_t fails with C++ (again)

From: Paul Eggert
Subject: Re: uint64_t fails with C++ (again)
Date: Fri, 07 Feb 2014 00:45:21 -0800

Werner LEMBERG wrote:
Will this problem be handled in a forthcoming autoconf release?

I'm afraid I don't understand the problem yet, as your original email defined __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS, but now you're saying that -D__STDC_LIMIT_MACROS fixes the problem. That being said, my guess is that it's not an autoconf bug.

I tend to work around these sorts of glitches using Gnulib; its stdint module fixes the portability problem with __STDC_LIMIT_MACROS that I know about. Admittedly Gnulib is not for everybody.