What is the right way to detect if my library is built as a shared libra

From: Steven Stewart-Gallus
Subject: What is the right way to detect if my library is built as a shared library?
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 20:28:51 +0000 (GMT)

Hello,

To determine whether to put ` __declspec(dllimport)` on my exported functions I
need to detect if my library is being built as a shared library or as a static
library (and then preprocess my header file to have the appropriate attribute).
What is the right way to detect if my library is built as a shared library?