Talk & demo of the autotools

From: Ludovic Courtès
Subject: Talk & demo of the autotools
Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2014 18:39:43 +0200

Hello,

I’ve just given a 45mn talk + demo entitled “GNU Autotools Do What Your
Users Need” at a local seminar at Inria:

  slides: http://sed.bordeaux.inria.fr/seminars/autotools_20140715.pdf
  code:   git://scm.gforge.inria.fr/autotools-demo/autotools-demo.git

I’m sure this has been done before, but I thought it’s worth sharing.

Here, the idea was to give an overview of the tool set (and 45mn really
isn’t a lot for that :-)) to people who typically use hand-written build
systems, or are sold to CMake, or are scared by the tools.

Ludo’.