Re: Initializing a Project with GNU Autotools

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: Initializing a Project with GNU Autotools
Date: Mon, 08 Sep 2014 13:10:15 -0600

On 09/08/2014 12:30 PM, Shawn H Corey wrote:
>> Finally, would you be willing to assign the copyright for your
>> improvements to the Free Software Foundation, so that we could
>> install them into the Autoconf manual?
>
> The license is CC 3.0 BY-SA unported.

Thanks, but we'd prefer that it ALSO be available under GFDL 1.3+ to
match the rest of the autoconf manual; doing this is easier if you are
able to assign copyright to the FSF (you can still distribute your
original under your choice of license as part of the copyright
assignment agreement, but the FSF then has rights to use the licensing
that best works for the FSF).  For more on copyright assignment:

https://www.gnu.org/prep/maintain/html_node/Copyright-Papers.html
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/why-assign.html