Re: How to update config.guess?

From: Wookey
Subject: Re: How to update config.guess?
Date: Tue, 2 Aug 2016 01:22:40 +0100

On 2016-08-01 17:58 -0400, Jeffrey Walton wrote:
> I'm trying to build a package from its release tarball. config.guess
> appears to be misidentifying the platform, so I'd like to update it to
> the latest version.
>
> How do I update config.guess?

On distros a reasonably current version is normally available in the
filesystem. On
Debian-based systems they are in:
/usr/share/misc/config.guess
/usr/share/misc/config.sub

(the package autotools-dev needs to be installed).

If building packages there are standard/recommended ways of updating
during the build, documented on https://wiki.debian.org/Autoreconf

It's also a good idea to prod upstream to update to recent versions to
save others this hassle.

Wookey
http://wookware.org/