Re: Using autoconf for a shared library

From: Thomas Nyberg
Subject: Re: Using autoconf for a shared library
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2016 09:56:29 -0400

On 08/16/2016 09:47 AM, Marco Maggi wrote:
It  is a  bit overkill,  but: when  I start  a new  project I  copy this
template project:

               <https://github.com/marcomaggi/cctemplate>

and  customise it.   It is  just  a template  for a  C language  library
project, it does nothing in itself.   You just read the REAMDE, then you
go around substituting the string "cctemplate" with your project's name,
renaming  files to  your  liking  both in  the  directories  and in  the
"Makefile.am" template.

  C source files are under the "src" directory; test files are under the
"tests" directory.  Documentation  in Texinfo format is  under the "doc"
directory.  If  you need some  help with  the customisation, drop  me an
email.

HTH

Thanks so much! I've now received three great messages, but only sent individual thank you responses, but this time I figure I should spam the list just so that it's clear that my problem has been solved. For anyone looking in the archives, the three responses are all very helpful.

Marco this is great I'll take a look at this. I started running with the setup that Basin Ilya sent me and I'll stick with that for now, but soon I'm going to sit down and really try to grok all the great info I've received. Thanks so much!

Cheers,
Thomas