Re: autoreconf and depcomp

From: Eric Blake
Subject: Re: autoreconf and depcomp
Date: Sat, 2 Feb 2019 06:19:13 -0600

On 2/2/19 12:18 AM, bill-auger wrote:
> when i run `autoreconf -ivf` and a 'depcomp' already file exists,
> 'depcomp' gets added to 'am__DIST_COMMON' in ./Makefile.in - but when i
> run `autoreconf -ivf` and the 'depcomp' file does not exist, it is
> recreated automatically but is not added to 'am__DIST_COMMON'
>
> can someone advise me if i should be concerned about this quirky
> behavior

The contents of the generated Makefile.in result from Automake; so even
though autoreconf belongs to Autoconf, any fix to this issue will have
to come from a patch to Automake.  Updating mail distribution accordingly.

--
Eric Blake, Principal Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc.           +1-919-301-3226