[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?

From: Noah Misch
Subject: Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?
Date: Sat, 12 Oct 2019 16:13:30 -0700
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.24 (2015-08-30)

On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 03:09:16PM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
> How about if I turn the crank and release what's in master now? That is,
> I run 'make fetch' and update the copyright year and NEWS and so forth,
> but don't make any material changes. The fixes in master should be good
> enough to release now, even if they're not what we'd like to do if we
> had more time.
> We've had several requests to do a new release and nothing has happened.
> At least releasing what we've got will make *something* happen.

Sounds good to me.  If master has known, material regressions over 2.69, that
would be cause to delay.  The mere existence of unreviewed patches or bugs
present in both 2.69 and master needn't delay it.

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]