[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?

From: Luke Mewburn
Subject: Re: Any chance to make a new autoconf release?
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 2020 10:25:01 +1000
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.20 (2009-12-10)

On 20-07-02 19:11, Paul Eggert wrote:
  | On 10/12/19 4:13 PM, Noah Misch wrote:
  | > On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 03:09:16PM -0800, Paul Eggert wrote:
  | >> How about if I turn the crank and release what's in master now? That is,
  | >> I run 'make fetch' and update the copyright year and NEWS and so forth,
  | >> but don't make any material changes. The fixes in master should be good
  | >> enough to release now, even if they're not what we'd like to do if we
  | >> had more time.
  | >>
  | >> We've had several requests to do a new release and nothing has happened.
  | >> At least releasing what we've got will make *something* happen.
  | > 
  | > Sounds good to me.  If master has known, material regressions over 2.69, 
  | > would be cause to delay.  The mere existence of unreviewed patches or bugs
  | > present in both 2.69 and master needn't delay it.
  | As you can see from the Savannah repository for Autoconf
  | <> I finally started the ball
  | rolling on this, and Zack Weinberg has volunteered to make a beta and push 
out a
  | new release sooner rather than later. Thaks, Zack!

This is great news.

BTW: I've just sent a patch to autoconf-patches to basename AS_INIT()
(per an issue I asked about here late last year). Could that be
incorporated in the release too?


Attachment: pgp7gzNyxEXUD.pgp
Description: PGP signature

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]