[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [PATCH 11/10] Update NEWS about the warnings-over-strictness precede
Re: [PATCH 11/10] Update NEWS about the warnings-over-strictness precedence.
Sun, 2 Jan 2011 18:54:38 +0100
KMail/1.13.3 (Linux/2.6.30-2-686; KDE/4.4.4; i686; ; )
On Sunday 02 January 2011, Ralf Wildenhues wrote:
> OK with that addressed.
I agree with all the remarks; here is what I squashed in:
diff --git a/NEWS b/NEWS
index e3ebe03..5d98224 100644
@@ -97,11 +97,11 @@ Bugs fixed in 1.11a:
make bug triggered by sources containing repeated slashes when the
`subdir-objects' was used.
- - Now explicit enabling and/or disabling of Automake warning categories
- through the `-W...' options always takes precedence over the implicit
- warning level implied by an Automake strictness (foreign, gnu, gnits),
- regardless of the order in which such strictness and warning flags
- appears. For example, a setting like:
+ - Explicit enabling and/or disabling of Automake warning categories
+ through the `-W...' options now always takes precedence over the
+ implicit warning level implied by Automake strictness (foreign, gnu
+ or gnits), regardless of the order in which such strictness and
+ warning flags appear. For example, a setting like:
AUTOMAKE_OPTIONS = -Wall --foreign
will cause the warnings in category `portability' to be enabled, even
if those warnings are by default disabled in `foreign' strictness.
> Thanks, and sorry for the slight out-of-order review, I like to get the
> easy ones out of the way quickly,