AC_CONFIG_FILES problem

From: Harlan Stenn
Subject: AC_CONFIG_FILES problem
Date: Tue, 07 Nov 2000 23:55:24 -0600

I'm generating a site-local file during configure that I use in
AC_CONFIG_FILES.

The filename is in the $GUTS variable, and I create the target via:

 GUTS=$build_cpu-localname
 echo stuff > $GUTS
 AC_CONFIG_FILES([foo:foo-top.in:$GUTS:foo-bot.in])

The problem is the generated Makefile.in has $GUTS listed in
DIST_COMMON, which is a lose.

Also, automake detects:

 address@hidden> gmake
 cd . && /bin/sh /home/harlan/src/foo/missing --run automake --foreign Makefile
 configure.in: 74: required file `./$GUTS' not found

What's a good way to solve this problem?

I'm using a current CVS automake.