Re: 21-use-ac-libsources.patch

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: 21-use-ac-libsources.patch
Date: 04 Feb 2001 12:08:22 -0700

>>>>> "Akim" == Akim Demaille <address@hidden> writes:

Akim>   * m4/regex.m4: Use AC_LIBSOURCES.
Akim>   * automake.in (scan_autoconf_traces): Trace AC_LIBSOURCE, not
Akim>   _AC_LIBOBJ_DECL.

Ok.

My reading is that the change to regex.m4 doesn't require the new
autoconf but will use it if present.  Is that right?

Akim> +# FIXME: This macro seems quite obsolete now since rx doesn't seem to
Akim> +# be maintained, while regex is.

I agree -- as far as I know this really is obsolete.  We should mark
it as such, and document that in the manual.

Tom