Re: question about sources in multiple directories

From: Matthew R. MacIntyre
Subject: Re: question about sources in multiple directories
Date: Sat, 10 Feb 2001 22:13:42 -0500 (EST)

Hi,

    Tom> This isn't really enough information to go on.  How about
    Tom> posting the relevant section of your Makefile.am?

I think I've got it figured out, but if this is not the preferred
solution, please let me know what the best way to do it is:

src/Makefile.am:
---------------

noinst_LIBRARIES = libgcd.a

libgcd_a_SOURCES = gcd.cpp gcd.h

tests/Makefile.am:
-----------------

AM_CXXFLAGS= -Wall -I$(top_srcdir)/src

check_PROGRAMS = gzeros

gzeros_SOURCES = gzeros.cpp
gzeros_LDFLAGS = -L$(top_srcdir)/src
gzeros_LDADD = -lgcd

EXTRA_DIST = defs $(TESTS) ChangeLog README

gcd_TESTS = gproto.test gdecl.test gzeros gabsval gpos gvalues.test

TESTS= $(gcd_TESTS)

check-gcd: $(gcd_TESTS)
        @${MAKE} XFAIL_TESTS="$(gcd_XFAIL_TESTS)" TESTS="$(gcd_TESTS)" check

The trouble I had was with the _LDFLAGS and the _LDADD, but it all
*seems* to work now.

Is there a better way to do it?

Thanks,

-matt