Re: automake -vs- BSD make

From: Lars Hecking
Subject: Re: automake -vs- BSD make
Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2001 10:03:51 +0000

Tom Tromey writes:
> Could somebody with access to the BSD make please try the current cvs
> automake and report back?
>
> I've tried to implement support for `.include'.  I think it works, but
> of course I'm not copmletely sure.

 What exactly do you want us to try apart from make check?

 I tried yesterday's cvs on my OBSD 2.8 box. 3 tests failed.

 - cond5.test: my machine is quite slow. I timed this script on the
   command line, and it takes more than a minute, so that the sleep 15
   statement has automake killed prematureley. Nothing to worry about
   for the general public, I think :)

 - pr19.test: fails somewhere in make distcheck; no idea why.

 - target-cflags.test: no idea either why it fails