Re: 52-factored-install.patch

From: akim
Subject: Re: 52-factored-install.patch
Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2001 02:12:44 +0100

On Sun, Feb 25, 2001 at 06:00:29PM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:

> Akim> mysbindir = $(sbin)/my
> Akim> mysbindir_DATA = data
>
> Akim> .am:11: invalid variable `mysbindir_DATA'
>
> This is a new failure, since this feature has worked for a long time.

My bad, I forgot to remove `dir' from the _DATA var.

Still, there is something which is still unclear to me.  Are we
referring to some new feature of Automake?  I think I am consistent
with 1.4, or I miss something.

/tmp % cat Makefile.am                                                2:07 remo
mybindir = $(bindir)/my
mybin_DATA = doto

/tmp % am --version                                                   2:08 remo
automake (GNU automake) 1.4e
Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>.

Copyright 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Free Software Foundation, Inc.
/tmp % am                                                             2:08 remo
/tmp % egrep 'install-(data|exec)-am:' Makefile.in                    2:08 remo
install-data-am: install-mybinDATA

/tmp % /usr/bin/automake --version                                    2:09 remo
automake (GNU automake) 1.4

Written by Tom Tromey <address@hidden>
/tmp % /usr/bin/automake                                              2:09 remo
/tmp % egrep 'install-(data|exec)-am:' Makefile.in                    2:09 remo
install-exec-am:
install-data-am: install-mybinDATA