Re: make dist

From: Lars J. Aas
Subject: Re: make dist
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2001 15:25:21 +0200

On Wed, Mar 21, 2001 at 11:54:00AM -0700, Tom Tromey wrote:
: >>>>> "Lars" == Lars J Aas <address@hidden> writes:
:
: Lars> I've started cleaning up my projects so that "make dist" will
: Lars> work for them.  To make it work, though, there are some files I
: Lars> have to put in EXTRA_DIST to get included, which should have
: Lars> been added automatically, for instance depcomp, and ltconfig.
:
: These are bugs.

I may add that I'm using AC_CONFIG_AUX_DIR() with a directory without a
Makefile - both depcomp and ltconfig are in the aux dir, of course.

: Lars> The *_SCRIPTS and *_DATA files seems to be ignored too.
:
: These are intentional.  Not all primaries are distributed by default.
:
: You can use `dist_*_SCRIPT' and `dist_*_DATA' to change this.

I'm now trying to do this:

dist_noinst_SCRIPTS = \
        $(srcdir)/iv2h.sh

The "noinst"-part of the rule isn't picked up on, and the Makefile install
rule is bogus, leading to ginstall actually removing the script before
failing (the src and dest arguments to ginstall are both $(srcdir)/iv2h.sh).
I also tried using the name "noinst_dist_SCRIPTS", but that was rejected by
Automake.

  Lars J
--
Innovation is one percent inspiration and ninetynine percent perspiration,
and in my case; twice that...  -- Norville Barnes, `The Hudsucker Proxy'