Re: building many programs into the same project

From: Lorenzo Bettini
Subject: Re: building many programs into the same project
Date: Mon, 09 Apr 2001 17:49:17 +0200

Tom Tromey wrote:

> Lorenzo> I mean that, e.g., java2html could be 1.7 and cpp2html 1.3,
> Lorenzo> though they are in the same package, and possibly do
> Lorenzo> something like make install_java2html...
>
> Version numbers are up to you.
>
> Automake wants to know the overall package version so that it can
> correctly make a versioned tarball.  However you aren't required to
> use this version number for anything else.  And if you don't want to
> use `make dist' then you can just ignore this number completely (you
> still have to specify it though).
>
> Automake won't generate separate install rules for different parts of
> your package.

make dist is not a problem for me: I only wish I could have different
"make install" rules, that's all :-)

Lorenzo

|  Lorenzo Bettini          ICQ# lbetto, 16080134     |
|  PhD student in Computer Science                    |
|  Florence - Italy         (Linux User # 158233)     |
|  Home Page        : http://w3.newnet.it/bettini     |
|           http://infostud.dsi.unifi.it/~bettini     |
|  Mail             : address@hidden            |
|  http://www.mokabyte.it       Java on line journal  |